Visitors ask...Monks (or Carmelites or Franciscans or...) in "a particular state"

I have been seeing more and more requests (Laus Deo!) seeking a Monastery or a Religious Order somewhere in the U.S. and the individual ends up here. That may be because of the links I have in the right menu bar which link to various Orders.

There is a great website that is worth its weight in gold. It is here: "Deo est Gloria," Directory of Catholic Religious Life Communities. It links to each U.S. state or internationally if you visit the home page.

Someone has been searching for Carmelite Friars in California. So, I click California and this shows up. Notice as I go down the list, the Religious Carmelites are for Women. However, in San Jose, I find this:
Discalced Carmelite Friars, Province of St. Joseph, P.O. Box 3420, San Jose, CA 95156. The Friars have a website and here it is.

This is a great way to find what you seek. It lists any number of Orders and can be a great help. I hope my friend in California will find the Monastery, Friary or Abbey that he/she seeks.


Comments