Seven Things I'd Like To See Happen...

Seven Things I'd Like To See Happen...

Mac of Mulier Fortis has "tagged me" for a list of "Things I'd like to see..." She added this slight "nudge":

Deo Volente, compiling lists of Traditional Latin Masses in Maryland, just in case he wants to have a go in between cutting and pasting Mass propers... though he probably won't.
"What are the seven things that we, as Catholics, want or would like to see happen?"

Okay, here is my list of Seven Things I'd like to see... :

  1. I am in agreement with Fr. Thomas Euteneuer, President of Human Life International. I would love to see the USCCB by "unanimous agreement" ask the U.S. faithful to recite the "Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel" after every Sunday Mass for the cessation of abortion in the U.S. and around the world. The prayer cards are available on the HLI.org website.
  2. I am in agreement with Fr. John Corapi who has labeled abortion as "genocide." I would love to see the USCCB by "unanimous agreement" ask the faithful to abstain from meat every Friday for penance, and to fast the first Friday of every month in reparation for those who have participated in performing an abortion or for the healing of many of those who are suffering the aftereffects of this procedure.
  3. I would like to see that every Diocese in the U.S. have at least one TLM Mass offered at a Parish every Sunday and, ultimately, a daily TLM to be started in that Diocese as well.
  4. I would like to see every Seminary in the U.S. require extensive courses in Latin and Greek, and also ensure that Patristics texts and courses in both Philosophy and Theology use the original texts where possible.
  5. I would like to see a Liturgical consensus on which musical instruments are appropriate for the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. I pray that the guitar, for one, be declared as unsuitable, and to find that the organ or the human voice engaged in singing Chant are recommended as the most appropriate instruments.
  6. I would like to see "Communion in the hand" be declared "reprobare" by the Holy See.
  7. I would see that every Catholic Church in the United States would return the tabernacle to the center of the altar and not see a "presider's chair" in its place. Only then will respect for the Eucharist return with voices hushed and with thoughts turned to God as soon we enter Church.
That is a start...

Comments