Graduale Romanum Online

I have had numerous searches for such things as "sacred music for Lent" or "Latin hymns for Easter." This is a hard subject for me to broach as I am not a musician and I am not sure what the individual is searching for.

I suspect that a great "all around" Church hymnal for the Novus Ordo Mass is the Adoremus Hymnal. It is respected by many for fidelity and beauty. For those who wish to tackle the entire gamut of sacred music, Sancta Missa has a copy of the 1961 Graduale Romanum online for download in a PDF version of over 60 MB. That is "as good as it gets." The MusicaSacra website is probably the closest thing I can think of for being THE FIRST stop for those involved in music liturgy. It has an entire library of music available in the right menu and publishes "Sacred Music." The website includes the aforesaid Graduale Romanum with a search function.

I hope that proves helpful.
I don't know of any online resources other than those. The New Liturgical Movement is famous for covering such things as Chant, however.


Comments