Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church in Picayne, MS and the Catechism of the Catholic Church

I have have never visited Picayune, MS but when I do, I am going immediately to this Catholic Church. By my deductions, Saint Charles Borromeo Catholic Church appears to be a "spiritual powerhouse." The Parish has many beautiful devotions online, but the "searchable" Catholic Catechism--available to all--is fantastic. I bookmarked it many years ago and have used it often.

I was in a discussion with a good Protestant friend and was asked "how do Catholics interpret Scripture?" I could have gone off on the "senses" of Scripture (an excellent book by Jimmy Akin, I should say), but decided to quote the Catechism definition. I went here to this spot, typed in "scripture interpretation" and retrieved a number of good matches including number 111. I then clicked "enter CCC at this point," and received this answer:

III. THE HOLY SPIRIT, INTERPRETER OF SCRIPTURE
109 - 119.

I was then able to tell my friend that this is what the Catholic Church teaches about interpreting Scripture; the answer is poignant and completely in line with Scripture, the Magisterium and the Sacred Tradition of our Church.

Please visit. This is one of my "gems" for you.
Laus Deo, Saint Charles Borromeo!


Comments