Sisters of Carmel (Discalced, Cloistered, Contemplative) - Colorado Springs, Colorado

I am always looking for religious items, especially scapulars that will hold up. I did a Google on Traditional Liturgical Calendars for another post and found this Order: Sisters of Carmel.

The Sisters manufacture superb merchandise as shown in the Testimonials. They offer a broad range of religious supplies at a reasonable price. I always check out both the books offered and the religious medals and these are shown here. If you need items for First Communion or Confirmation, check out this site. The Sisters can always use your assistance and it is going for an excellent cause! With all the questions I receive on religious Orders, perhaps you might wish to inquire about vocations?

BTW, the calendar I bought is awesome!


Comments

  1. I highly recommend these wonderful Sister's scapulars and other items. I have purchased on three occasions and requested prayers. God bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the "Sisters of Carmel" are in schism from their local bishop and from the Catholic Church. They are NOT Discalced Carmelite nuns, even though they mis-represent themselves as such and evidently live an austere cloistered lifestyle (I am under the impression that the founders were ex-Carmelite nuns who rejected Vatican II). There is a male order in Colorado Springs, the "Servants of the Holy Family" that operates a parish there and celebrates Mass for the "Sisters of Carmel" and they are also separated from the full communion of the Church. Catholics should avoid attending these Masses and the local Bishop has said that their confessions, marriages etc are invalid. It goes without saying, Catholics should not join one of these communities. Some of the best information I could find about these groups is at the following address: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=177728 . Let us pray with confidence and love that they may come into full communion with Christ's Church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thread on Catholic Answers is MOST informative. I cannot state the status of this Order but it seems to be irregular. If any wish to find out more, I commend them to the discussion now on Catholic Answers posted by Elizabeth. I will say that the calendar I purchased from them is beautiful and matches the Ordo of the F.S.S.P. I will refrain from any further comment as I am not fully aware of their situation.

    D.v.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment